Monday, March 27, 2006

Afraid Of The Dark

Tonight, as I was sitting at the dining room table watching The Apprentice and doing a little work on the computer, our three year old came toddling down the stairs from her bedroom. I heard her coming through the hall on her way to see me and called out to her.

"Back to bed." I said.

The pitter patter of her little footsteps came to a halt. She was still out of eyesight.

Then she called out to me in a whimper..."But daddy... I can't get to sleep because I am afraid of the dark!"

"Just close your eyes real tight. That way you won't be able to see the dark."

Then a faint "okay daddy" and little pitter patter of feet up back through the hall and up the stairs.

She's fast asleep now. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this parenting thing.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: