A few things that I confirmed I should be thankful for from the trip:
- Putting new tires on the car less than a month ago
- Getting new brakes the day before leaving for our trip.
- Stopping to wash out my left contact lense when we were only two minutes north of downtown KC.
- Continuing a family tradition of always saying a Hail Mary prayer as we left the driveway at the beginning of our trip.
- Working seatbelts.
- Not hitting the 8 point buck as it darted out across the highway while I was driving 70 MPH, in the dark, with the kids and Mary asleep in the back.
- Safe travel to and from our home this past week to see loved ones.