Thursday, December 08, 2005

Just the way it is

Hannah and Grace get along most days, but not all the time. Lately Gracie has not only been standing up for herself, but also initiating fights with Hannah.

Last Saturday I had to send Gracie to time out. In our house the time out space is on the stairs going up to the girls bedroom. Gracie went trumping off crying. Hannah and I remained at the table eating our meal.

Hannah then said to me "Dad, you sure are good at putting people in time out". I guess we've had to do that a lot with the girls as they seem to be fighting non stop lately.

I told Hannah "it makes me sad to have to send you girls to have a time out. I wish you two could get along better so I wouldn't have to send either one of you to timeout."

To which this little five year old responded "Well Dad, that's just the way it is."

How true.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: